FANDOM


  • ok so i am a kid in school and i know for a face the "entity" senderman isnt real because the news even says it was a photo shopped photo that slenderman first appeard ina photo!!!!!!!i have been reasecrching him for a month now it scares me but i know he/it doesnt exist LOOK AT THE FACTS PEOPLE IM ONLY A CHILD AND I KNOW THIS!!!!!

      Loading editor
      • Fact i ment fact XD*
        Loading editor
    • He is not real...until you see him........

        Loading editor
    • Are you just saying this cause you have not seen him yet. Like face to face. <_<

        Loading editor
    • 24.111.137.250 wrote:
      ok so i am a kid in school and i know for a face the "entity" senderman isnt real because the news even says it was a photo shopped photo that slenderman first appeard ina photo!!!!!!!i have been reasecrching him for a month now it scares me but i know he/it doesnt exist LOOK AT THE FACTS PEOPLE IM ONLY A CHILD AND I KNOW THIS!!!!!

      I guess if the news say that, those experts on the matter, well, you totally got us. Not. 

      However, you said you're a kid aaaand we don't want kids on this Wiki. Unless you're a teen and just consider yourself a kid. If that's not the case, don't visit this Wiki again.

        Loading editor
    • I severely doubt it. If Slenderman were real, then that time I went into the woods at night when I was 12 should have resulted in me being abducted by said "Slenderman".

        Loading editor
    • The only way I could imagine Slenderman existing (and this is being generous) is something referred to as a "Tulpa". Tulpas are thoughtforms believed to have been projected onto the physical plane by the creator of said Tulpa. The Tulpa, once creator gives the Tulpa enough energy, the Tulpa then can act of its own free will. The Tulpa cannot be seen by others. People who create Tulpas are known as "Tulpamancers", similar to necromancers who "control the dead". I couldn't find anything on what would happen if multiple people believe in the same Tulpa. Tulpas are often referred to as "physical manifestations of hallucinations", so I suppose if millions of people believe in this "Slenderman", then they could possibly give the Tulpa enough energy to give itself a physical form. Tulpas vary in personality. Some are benevolent, while others are completely malevolent. Some people see "Slenderman" as an innocent tall man who wants friends and wants to play with children, while others view him as a monster that abducts children, steals normal men and women and makes them his "proxies". If we assume that Tulpas are real, then even if multiple people believing in him at once doesn't give the thoughtform enough energy to actually harm someone, one person can still see the Tulpa, effectively making it able to interact with this said person. That's all I have to say on this matter. Does "Slenderman" exist independent of time and space, and with no connection to humanity's thoughtforms? No, most likely not.

        Loading editor
    • 108.211.64.210 wrote:
      I severely doubt it. If Slenderman were real, then that time I went into the woods at night when I was 12 should have resulted in me being abducted by said "Slenderman".

      You're working on a logical fallacy that since you failed to see him in one instance then he doesn't exist, and since he was never spotted in that specific forest then he also doesn't exist.

        Loading editor
    • 108.211.64.210 wrote:
      The only way I could imagine Slenderman existing (and this is being generous) is something referred to as a "Tulpa". Tulpas are thoughtforms believed to have been projected onto the physical plane by the creator of said Tulpa. The Tulpa, once creator gives the Tulpa enough energy, the Tulpa then can act of its own free will. The Tulpa cannot be seen by others. People who create Tulpas are known as "Tulpamancers", similar to necromancers who "control the dead". I couldn't find anything on what would happen if multiple people believe in the same Tulpa. Tulpas are often referred to as "physical manifestations of hallucinations", so I suppose if millions of people believe in this "Slenderman", then they could possibly give the Tulpa enough energy to give itself a physical form. Tulpas vary in personality. Some are benevolent, while others are completely malevolent. Some people see "Slenderman" as an innocent tall man who wants friends and wants to play with children, while others view him as a monster that abducts children, steals normal men and women and makes them his "proxies". If we assume that Tulpas are real, then even if multiple people believing in him at once doesn't give the thoughtform enough energy to actually harm someone, one person can still see the Tulpa, effectively making it able to interact with this said person. That's all I have to say on this matter. Does "Slenderman" exist independent of time and space, and with no connection to humanity's thoughtforms? No, most likely not.

      We have a whole article on this called The Tulpa Effect

        Loading editor
    • It's been a while since we had such a good discussion. Keep it up, people!

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      108.211.64.210 wrote:
      I severely doubt it. If Slenderman were real, then that time I went into the woods at night when I was 12 should have resulted in me being abducted by said "Slenderman".
      You're working on a logical fallacy that since you failed to see him in one instance then he doesn't exist, and since he was never spotted in that specific forest then he also doesn't exist.

      Exactly. You've never seen Australia. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

        Loading editor
    • i think he is real i seen some really tall bold people with pale faces in a suit i think just mayby one is him but i kinda dowt

        Loading editor
    • 90.211.112.195 wrote:
      i think he is real i seen some really tall bold people with pale faces in a suit i think just mayby one is him but i kinda dowt

      Please use correct grammar, this is not Kindergarten. 

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      108.211.64.210 wrote:
      I severely doubt it. If Slenderman were real, then that time I went into the woods at night when I was 12 should have resulted in me being abducted by said "Slenderman".
      You're working on a logical fallacy that since you failed to see him in one instance then he doesn't exist, and since he was never spotted in that specific forest then he also doesn't exist.
      Exactly. You've never seen Australia. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

      Nah, everyone knows that Australia was made up by the Illuminati.

        Loading editor
    • You guys are dumb

        Loading editor
    • Thanks for noticing.

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius
      Fobarimperius removed this reply because:
      stating fake
      19:24, August 27, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • I knew Slender Man when I was a kid, I believed in Slender Man a lot. When I traveled on highways, I always looked in the woods, waiting for him. After researching more about Tulpas, I believe tulpas exist and this may explain the Slender Man sightings on farms and forests that I visited when I was a child.

        Loading editor
    • If we do not stop believing in Slender Man, the energy of everyone who believes will give life to the character, imagine our world being a new Slender: The Arrival.

        Loading editor
    • So... some forrest in Canada will get really dangerous.

        Loading editor
    • When I was a kid I thought he could be real too and that he would be in the forest of Norway and Canada. I don't know why, maybe I read that in some stupid post about him in some stupid website.

        Loading editor
    • i saw him last night in a nightmare

        Loading editor
    • We see lots of different unreal things in nightmares, yes.

        Loading editor
    • so who are u i live in the farland and i can feel people but can't feel u are u human

        Loading editor
    • Who am I doesn't matter. And I believe I'm human, yes. I mean, biologically speaking, I fulfill the needs to be one.

        Loading editor
    • Kcm4235 wrote:
      so who are u i live in the farland and i can feel people but can't feel u are u human

      You are so full of crap, it's not even funny.

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Kcm4235 wrote:
      so who are u i live in the farland and i can feel people but can't feel u are u human
      You are so full of crap, it's not even funny.

      Putting it bluntly, but I agree entirely.

        Loading editor
    • Kcm4235 wrote:
      so who are u i live in the farland and i can feel people but can't feel u are u human

      Worst. Pick-Up Line. Ever.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Kcm4235 wrote:
      so who are u i live in the farland and i can feel people but can't feel u are u human
      Worst. Pick-Up Line. Ever.

      ......

      Why do you always have the good comebacks?!

        Loading editor
    • I have my way with words. Especially on the internet, where one can carefully consider their reply for a while and where non-verbal conversations is almost non-existent (Which is a huge plus if you have autism, I assure you).

      In real life, I usually come up with good replies like everyone else: About half an hour after you could have really needed them but instead said something that was, subjectively, so stupid that the memory alone will make you twitch for the next decade or more.

        Loading editor
    • i'm not human leave me alone pls 

        Loading editor
    • Kcm4235 wrote:
      i'm not human leave me alone pls 

      Yes you are, and no we won't. 

      You posted here.

      You accept the consequences of a conversation.

      If you don't like it: Leave

        Loading editor
    • I also just found out from another wiki that you're 12 years old. You are not allowed here until at mimnimum 13 years of age. I am blocking you until then.

        Loading editor
    • Detective Fobarimperius.

      I guess we would have blocked her anyways even if she was older than 12 at this point.

        Loading editor
    • Out of concern for her mental health, if nothing else.

        Loading editor
    • Also, her "I'm not human" routine was borderline "pretending to be a Proxy" which is also against our rules.

        Loading editor
    • Of course.

        Loading editor
    • Aren't Proxies humans, technically?

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Aren't Proxies humans, technically?

      I've checked on other wiki's. For some reason she believes herself to be a half-dragon hybrid who is 112 in Dragon Years. Technically that means dragons age stupid fast and she should be dead, because the way Human-Animal years work is correlating human years into animal lifespan. For example a 100 year old sea-turtle is roughly 70 in human years, meaning it has lots of life left if 100 is the benchmark of "death", whereas a 15 year old dog is 90 in dog years, making it elderly. By saying she's 112 in dragon years while being underage in human years means she's likely going to die of old age any day now.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe she's from a distant future where humans live up to 500 years, due to medical progress?

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Aren't Proxies humans, technically?
      I've checked on other wiki's. For some reason she believes herself to be a half-dragon hybrid who is 112 in Dragon Years. Technically that means dragons age stupid fast and she should be dead, because the way Human-Animal years work is correlating human years into animal lifespan. For example a 100 year old sea-turtle is roughly 70 in human years, meaning it has lots of life left if 100 is the benchmark of "death", whereas a 15 year old dog is 90 in dog years, making it elderly. By saying she's 112 in dragon years while being underage in human years means she's likely going to die of old age any day now.
      4466101 0
        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Aren't Proxies humans, technically?
      I've checked on other wiki's. For some reason she believes herself to be a half-dragon hybrid who is 112 in Dragon Years. Technically that means dragons age stupid fast and she should be dead, because the way Human-Animal years work is correlating human years into animal lifespan. For example a 100 year old sea-turtle is roughly 70 in human years, meaning it has lots of life left if 100 is the benchmark of "death", whereas a 15 year old dog is 90 in dog years, making it elderly. By saying she's 112 in dragon years while being underage in human years means she's likely going to die of old age any day now.
      4466101 0

      I don't pretend to understand, I just report it.

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Aren't Proxies humans, technically?
      I've checked on other wiki's. For some reason she believes herself to be a half-dragon hybrid who is 112 in Dragon Years. Technically that means dragons age stupid fast and she should be dead, because the way Human-Animal years work is correlating human years into animal lifespan. For example a 100 year old sea-turtle is roughly 70 in human years, meaning it has lots of life left if 100 is the benchmark of "death", whereas a 15 year old dog is 90 in dog years, making it elderly. By saying she's 112 in dragon years while being underage in human years means she's likely going to die of old age any day now.
      4466101 0
      I don't pretend to understand, I just report it.

      When I started communicating with people on the internet, instead of talking to humans in the physical plane, I was genuinely convinced that there was something wrong with me and that I'd stand out as weird, even on the internet. I was so very wrong and I am starting to suspect that I am actually the Straight Man in most web-ensembles. I mean, of course I *am* a straight man, but I am referring to the comedy archetype.

        Loading editor
    • slender is not real or is he...

        Loading editor
    • Implord
      Implord removed this reply because:
      Stating fake
      20:48, April 1, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Cats1212 wrote:
      slender is not real or is he...

      We are not allowed to outright deny his existence, but all facts considered, it is generally presumed highly unlikely.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:

      We are not allowed to outright deny his existence

      Wait, what. Really? That hard?

      I don't mean to stop people from believing. But... 

        Loading editor
    • um

        Loading editor
    • ÑeñeBrah wrote:
      Implord wrote:

      We are not allowed to outright deny his existence

      Wait, what. Really? That hard?

      I don't mean to stop people from believing. But... 

      It's mostly to prevent arguments, and shut up party-poopers who spam the comments with, "THIS AIN'T REAL AND YOU R DUMB LOLOLOL" type stuff.

        Loading editor
    • Ah. My intention with my answer was just to stop anyone from taking the advantage of having someone -especially since I'm an admin- saying that he could be true and that way starting fantasizing with him and the idea of becoming a proxy or something.

        Loading editor
    • While we do not encourage, and, in fact, actively fight the "I wanna be your proxy, Slendy( To be read in the tune of I can be your hero, baby)"-morons, it is also not our job to compromise our fun and our endemic wiki-culture in consideration of their stupidity.

        Loading editor
    • True to that. 

        Loading editor
    • Also, it's not like other fandoms do not have insane members and they don't let them spoil their fun either. At least they try not to.

      Like, look what a Nuke can actually do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQ1hkYO6lU

        Loading editor
    • Damn. Ok i completely underestimated that.

        Loading editor
    • SHOOT, I ACCIDENTALLY EDITED IMPLORD'S COMMENT INSTEAD OF MAKING MY OWN REPLY!!!!

        Loading editor
    • Implord, I am sorry for accidentally putting words in your mouth

        Loading editor
    • What did u edit?

        Loading editor
    • My mouth has been hijacked by forces beyond my control! Iä! Iä! Pyro fthaghn!

      ...

      It's alright. :)

        Loading editor
    • Oh no! Mind control. Blame it on the aliens!

        Loading editor
    • Still less embarrassing than the time I accidentally blocked myself from the wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Wait really? Lol.

        Loading editor
    • Did mean to make it sound mean or anything. It meant to be a 'laughing with you' lol and not 'laughing at you' sorta thing.

        Loading editor
    • ALSO! Its Slenderwomen (except with hair). Its actually supposed to be a Japanese scary legend.... but.... It still looks like slenderman.

        Loading editor
    • HopesandDreams299 wrote:
      ALSO! Its Slenderwomen (except with hair). Its actually supposed to be a Japanese scary legend.... but.... It still looks like slenderman.

      You mean the Noppera Bo?

      (More like Nope-Era Bo, am I right?... Tough room, I guess...)

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      HopesandDreams299 wrote:
      ALSO! Its Slenderwomen (except with hair). Its actually supposed to be a Japanese scary legend.... but.... It still looks like slenderman.
      You mean the Noppera Bo?

      (More like Nope-Era Bo, am I right?... Tough room, I guess...)

      Good job, I got the joke right away instead of missing it like I usually do.

        Loading editor
    • Yay!

        Loading editor
    • Whenever I look into Japanese myths I am both terryfied and weirded out.

      Because why would you not want to believe in demonic women that stretch their neck at night so their heads can leave the house and lick oil out of lanterns?

        Loading editor
    • Or maybe the Okamuro. Or the Teke Teke. Both are equally scary and will deform you if you encounter them. (if they're real)

        Loading editor
    • Everything is a demon in Japan. Umbrellas are demons in Japan.

        Loading editor
    • Wait really? well so far, i haven't found a story that depicts an umbrella as a murderous demon, but i'll keep looking.

        Loading editor
    • HopesandDreams299 wrote:
      Wait really? well so far, i haven't found a story that depicts an umbrella as a murderous demon, but i'll keep looking.

      Here you go

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasa-obake

      Dfghj
        Loading editor
    • damn. Thats way creepier than Slenderman.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, a lot of Japanese Yo-kai/demons/spirits are objects and or people who were more or less corrupted.

      The Japanese tell some wild ghost stories, man. Kappas, which are now portrayed as cute used to steal souls....by reaching up their victim's butts.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah... I saw that one. Creepy.

        Loading editor
    • wow

        Loading editor
    • Terrible Writing Advice wasn't wrong about RL-cultures being so weird no writer could come up with them.

        Loading editor
    • slenderman is real and so is my roblox character 
      Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.19.57 AM
        Loading editor
    • Cats1212 wrote:
      slenderman is real and so is my roblox character 
      Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.19.57 AM

      Well yeah, you made an account for it and can play it, so it exists in the game.

        Loading editor
    • ok dudette

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      Cats1212 wrote:
      slenderman is real and so is my roblox character 
      Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.19.57 AM
      Well yeah, you made an account for it and can play it, so it exists in the game.

      Unless, solipsism is right and everything but someones mind is a dream.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      Cats1212 wrote:
      slenderman is real and so is my roblox character 
      Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.19.57 AM
      Well yeah, you made an account for it and can play it, so it exists in the game.
      Unless, solipsism is right and everything but someones mind is a dream.

      Or if Mark Twain's last book he wrote before dying was right, only one of us is real, that one is only a thought, and everything else is an illusion to entertain the thought..or something like that, been a while since I read The Mysterious Stranger.

        Loading editor
    • That's what I meant. But everyone would think they're the real one, of course.

        Loading editor
    • BTW that is a terrible book for a 14 year old to read. I was questioning my own existance and sanity after that.

        Loading editor
    • um that does make since.
      New Hampshire 2009 1
        Loading editor
    • Sense?

        Loading editor
    • 24.111.137.250 wrote:
      ok so i am a kid in school and i know for a face the "entity" senderman isnt real because the news even says it was a photo shopped photo that slenderman first appeard ina photo!!!!!!!i have been reasecrching him for a month now it scares me but i know he/it doesnt exist LOOK AT THE FACTS PEOPLE IM ONLY A CHILD AND I KNOW THIS!!!!!
      I have seen him and been Kidnapped by him
        Loading editor
    • Helpme4990 wrote: I have seen him and been Kidnapped by him

      Please contact emergency services for assistance.

      Slender Man is incapable of actually kidnapping you. If you have been kidnapped, you need to obtain medical assistance or police assistance.

        Loading editor
    • "Oh, will you look at that, I have been kidnapped, better inform Wikia, instead of the police or something..."

        Loading editor
    • 2019 and these things keep happening, it's incredible.

      Why don't these people come up with something more realistic? Something that we could say "Oh, this makes sense!"

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      Helpme4990 wrote: I have seen him and been Kidnapped by him

      Please contact emergency services for assistance.

      Slender Man is incapable of actually kidnapping you. If you have been kidnapped, you need to obtain medical assistance or police assistance.

      Why tell us? Either call the police or tell Wikia staff.

        Loading editor
    • ÑeñeBrah wrote:
      2019 and these things keep happening, it's incredible.

      Why don't these people come up with something more realistic? Something that we could say "Oh, this makes sense!"

      They aim to be anoying, painfully obvious lies are part of that.

        Loading editor
    • They're usually 12 year olds who don't think things through. The logic part of their brain is nowhere near fully formed.

        Loading editor
    • Just looking this all over for fun, but I remember writing a creepypasta I wrote like a police report about Slender Man. The conversation toward the end reminded me of it.

        Loading editor
    • I often wrote them in style of diary entries, I think.

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius
      Fobarimperius removed this reply because:
      Stating Fake
      15:50, December 14, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • I don't know what happened here, but I'll shut this down as a part of my standart "Prevent Threadcromancy"-Protocol.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.