FANDOM


  • Let's list common misconceptions about the Slenderman mythos. Mainly to help new people out. I'll start

    Slender Mansion: Slenderman never had a mansion in the woods. It was never considered part of the mythos. Most agree Slenderman lives in some sort of alternate dimension, or wanders.

    This myth unfortunately was spread when a pair of girls killed someone thinking it would please Slenderman. They showed very little knowledge about the mythos, and anytime someone mentions some misconception they popularized, Slenderman fans become enraged.

    Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

    Slender:
    NOT SLENDER
      Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius
      Fobarimperius removed this reply because:
      not uploaded
      16:01, August 26, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Fobarimperius
      Fobarimperius removed this reply because:
      OP removed
      16:02, August 26, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • (Is this thread closed or...?)

      The Operator Symbol is in no way linked to Slenderman. That's the only one I've got. :3

        Loading editor
    • The thread isn't closed, it's just not very popular a the moment.

        Loading editor
    • Also you reminded me:

      The Operator is NOT Slenderman, but a fictional entity VERY LOOSELY based on Slenderman

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Also you reminded me:

      The Operator is NOT Slenderman, but a fictional entity VERY LOOSELY based on Slenderman

      Very loosely. We should probably describe them as seperate entities so that people don't get the two confused. Because that's happened more than enough times.

        Loading editor
    • Despite our attempts to tell them... It gets a bit irritating.

      I want to add something to the point of the operator symbol: A many of you Users wrote in their reports, they felt symptoms of Slender Sickness after they drew the symbol or something. Please note, that most of the usual sings of the sickness are also usual signs of stress. You might not realise, but your imagination is pretty powerfull. If you draw the symbol, believing it will create a connection to Slender Man, you WILL feel haunted. While the sickness is not proved to be real, it might be a mere overstressing of the victims, which can also happen if you just believe to be in this situation. So please, if you feel sick after you did something like trying a summoning ritual or whatever (there is no summoning ritual for Slender Man to be proven up to now) try to relax or see a doctor. We won't help you, just because you catch a cold and you think it's because an Eldritch Abomination is haunting you.

        Loading editor
    • Is it just me or did that sound much more like a jerk like it was supposed to do? -_-

        Loading editor
    • Nah, it's good.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Despite our attempts to tell them... It gets a bit irritating.

      I want to add something to the point of the operator symbol: A many of you Users wrote in their reports, they felt symptoms of Slender Sickness after they drew the symbol or something. Please note, that most of the usual sings of the sickness are also usual signs of stress. You might not realise, but your imagination is pretty powerfull. If you draw the symbol, believing it will create a connection to Slender Man, you WILL feel haunted. While the sickness is not proved to be real, it might be a mere overstressing of the victims, which can also happen if you just believe to be in this situation. So please, if you feel sick after you did something like trying a summoning ritual or whatever (there is no summoning ritual for Slender Man to be proven up to now) try to relax or see a doctor. We won't help you, just because you catch a cold and you think it's because an Eldritch Abomination is haunting you.

      ^ This.

        Loading editor
    • EVERYBODY KUDO IMPLORD!!!

        Loading editor
    • Thanks... I guess?

      However, I find the hole concept kinda amusing: They make up their own little story and ask for help. If they want to discuss how to act in a certain situation, they could just outright ask us for it. I mean, we are here to discuss. Maybe we should give them all a memo: "We will talk about Slender Man, even (and especially) if you don't use this Wiki for your own fanfiction. However, if you write one, please be a bit creative, because it's boring to read the same story over and over and over again. Also, everyone talks about this topic, so it won't get you any attention to act like your brain was boiled in chlorine" ?

        Loading editor
    • MORE KUDOS FOR IMPLORD!!!
      Cookie in response to give that man a cookie

      Here, have a cookie, too.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with how people need to be more creative, but we all know that there aren't many people who'd want to make something original. I'd honestly love to see someone take Slenderman and make him out to be the scariest gosh darn thing on the planet, just like he was meant to be. But that probably won't happen anytime soon.

        Loading editor
    • Jay Soul Piano wrote: The Operator Symbol is in no way linked to Slenderman. That's the only one I've got. :3

      While I understand where your opinion is coming from, saying that it is not linked to the Slender Man is downright impossible. In fact, that argument is pretty much the same as the one where Surgists claim that this entire mythos should be called the Operator Mythos simply because Slender Man has been changed radically from what it started out as due to MarbleHornets' influence. Regardless of whether or not it's a good thing or not, the community has forced the symbol into nearly every single vlog in existence to the point where Slender Man has adopted the symbol as his own.

      And you can't exactly blame it on the community being completely misguided when they made it the symbol of the mythos at large. After all, nobody knew that the Operator was a completely separate entity until much later thanks to the MarbleHornets creators not wanting to break immersion.

        Loading editor
    • NⓍFⓍurthWall wrote:

      Jay Soul Piano wrote: The Operator Symbol is in no way linked to Slenderman. That's the only one I've got. :3

      While I understand where your opinion is coming from, saying that it is not linked to the Slender Man is downright impossible. In fact, that argument is pretty much the same as the one where Surgists claim that this entire mythos should be called the Operator Mythos simply because Slender Man has been changed radically from what it started out as due to MarbleHornets' influence. Regardless of whether or not it's a good thing or not, the community has forced the symbol into nearly every single vlog in existence to the point where Slender Man has adopted the symbol as his own.

      And you can't exactly blame it on the community being completely misguided when they made it the symbol of the mythos at large. After all, nobody knew that the Operator was a completely separate entity until much later thanks to the MarbleHornets creators not wanting to break immersion.

      Well, in case that Slender Man somehow origins from human psyche, a symbol would connect to him the moment it is associated with him. The believe would make him stronger. In this hinsight, you might be right. However, drawing it won't cause him to appear in your house or something, so all the storys about "I drew it and then he was in my room" is still rubbish.

        Loading editor
    • Agreed. The symbol is just a symbol, and has been used long before Slenderman came out

        Loading editor
    • Now I feel like I should edit my post to prevent further misconceptions. :l

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Agreed. The symbol is just a symbol, and has been used long before Slenderman came out

      Also, if we had t decide on a symbol, the Rune of Severance would still look cooler. Just sayin'.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah.

        Loading editor
    • Didn't Adam say he didn't want people using it though?

        Loading editor
    • Darn

        Loading editor
    • NⓍFⓍurthWall wrote:
      Didn't Adam say he didn't want people using it though?

      Well, this is the internet.

        Loading editor
    • He can copyright the symbol if he wants. He probably already has

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      He can copyright the symbol if he wants. He probably already has

      Wow. Okay. 

        Loading editor
    • "For the record, I did not steal this symbol from anywhere, I invented it on my own. I sat down one day, drew out ideas for insignias, came up with this one, and went with it because it was the best.

      Feel free to use it in TribeTwelve fan art or whatever you crazy internet people do with my series."-Adam Rosener,2011

        Loading editor
    • Evan 333 wrote:
      "For the record, I did not steal this symbol from anywhere, I invented it on my own.

      I sat down one day, drew out ideas for insignias, came up with this one, and went with it because it was the best.

      Feel free to use it in TribeTwelve fan art or whatever you crazy internet people do with my series."-Adam Rosener,2011

      I love how he uses the term "crazy internet people" to describe his fanbase.

        Loading editor
    • It probably is more or less true. 

        Loading editor
    • Ah okay. I guess my memory is even worse than it usually is when it came to this situation.

        Loading editor
    • Evan 333 wrote:
      "For the record, I did not steal this symbol from anywhere, I invented it on my own.

      I sat down one day, drew out ideas for insignias, came up with this one, and went with it because it was the best.

      Feel free to use it in TribeTwelve fan art or whatever you crazy internet people do with my series."-Adam Rosener,2011

      This guy is awesome.

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   

        Loading editor
    • 65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   

      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius
      Fobarimperius removed this reply because:
      We do not accept any information which pretends that proxies are not tools.
      13:56, July 1, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Fobarimperius
      Fobarimperius removed this reply because:
      Proxies are not allowed to be defined as having self-control beyond Slender Man
      19:04, July 1, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   
      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.

      Or, to be specific, they would regret it, if they were left with the brain cpacity or free will needed to reflect on their poor life choices.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   
      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.
      Or, to be specific, they would regret it, if they were left with the brain cpacity or free will needed to reflect on their poor life choices.

      Here's a question. Why be bounded to one concept when there is so much you can expand on? 

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius
      Fobarimperius removed this reply because:
      Spam
      20:37, July 7, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • PyroGothNerd
      PyroGothNerd removed this reply because:
      Never mind, I remember now.
      18:20, July 8, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • 71.169.21.174 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   
      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.
      Or, to be specific, they would regret it, if they were left with the brain cpacity or free will needed to reflect on their poor life choices.
      Here's a question. Why be bounded to one concept when there is so much you can expand on? 


      Like what? Tha proxies are happy people that dance around in the forrest?

      This is about an eldritch creature that specialises and mind-torturing and killing people.

      Also, two twelve-year old girls ruined the whole thing for everyone and we can't be tolerant to "Being a Proxy is awesome, I never used my free will anyway"- people anymore.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:

      71.169.21.174 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   
      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.
      Or, to be specific, they would regret it, if they were left with the brain cpacity or free will needed to reflect on their poor life choices.
      Here's a question. Why be bounded to one concept when there is so much you can expand on? 


      Like what? Tha proxies are happy people that dance around in the forrest?

      This is about an eldritch creature that specialises and mind-torturing and killing people.

      Also, two twelve-year old girls ruined the whole thing for everyone and we can't be tolerant to "Being a Proxy is awesome, I never used my free will anyway"- people anymore.

      Not like THAT. What I mean is expand upon the concept of proxies rather than having them be brainless drones.

        Loading editor
    • 71.169.23.25 wrote:

      Implord wrote:

      71.169.21.174 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   
      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.
      Or, to be specific, they would regret it, if they were left with the brain cpacity or free will needed to reflect on their poor life choices.
      Here's a question. Why be bounded to one concept when there is so much you can expand on? 

      Like what? Tha proxies are happy people that dance around in the forrest?

      This is about an eldritch creature that specialises and mind-torturing and killing people.

      Also, two twelve-year old girls ruined the whole thing for everyone and we can't be tolerant to "Being a Proxy is awesome, I never used my free will anyway"- people anymore.

      Not like THAT. What I mean is expand upon the concept of proxies rather than having them be brainless drones.

      Well that IS what they are.

      Call a dog whatever you want and be philosophical all you like, a dog is a dog.

      Go on a lengthy discussion of the life of a bird, but a bird is a bird.

      Talk about your feelings in whatever way you desire to help express them, but feelings are merely impulses by the brain that your brain, by conditioning, has decided to respond with.

      Proxies are drones, they are tools. They exist for one reason: further a goal, then be discarded. To assume they have any further worth than that is to assume too much and pretend are far more than they actually are. 

      We aren't going to start altering the way things are stated just because it isn't "fun". It is what it is, and that's all there is to it.

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:

      71.169.23.25 wrote:

      Implord wrote:

      71.169.21.174 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   
      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.
      Or, to be specific, they would regret it, if they were left with the brain cpacity or free will needed to reflect on their poor life choices.
      Here's a question. Why be bounded to one concept when there is so much you can expand on? 

      Like what? Tha proxies are happy people that dance around in the forrest?

      This is about an eldritch creature that specialises and mind-torturing and killing people.

      Also, two twelve-year old girls ruined the whole thing for everyone and we can't be tolerant to "Being a Proxy is awesome, I never used my free will anyway"- people anymore.

      Not like THAT. What I mean is expand upon the concept of proxies rather than having them be brainless drones.

      Well that IS what they are.

      Call a dog whatever you want and be philosophical all you like, a dog is a dog.

      Go on a lengthy discussion of the life of a bird, but a bird is a bird.

      Talk about your feelings in whatever way you desire to help express them, but feelings are merely impulses by the brain that your brain, by conditioning, has decided to respond with.

      Proxies are drones, they are tools. They exist for one reason: further a goal, then be discarded. To assume they have any further worth than that is to assume too much and pretend are far more than they actually are. 

      We aren't going to start altering the way things are stated just because it isn't "fun". It is what it is, and that's all there is to it.

      And you expect your ways to be the standard way? Not everyone is going to follow your ways, you know.

        Loading editor
    • 71.169.23.25 wrote:

      Fobarimperius wrote:

      71.169.23.25 wrote:

      Implord wrote:


      71.169.21.174 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   
      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.
      Or, to be specific, they would regret it, if they were left with the brain cpacity or free will needed to reflect on their poor life choices.
      Here's a question. Why be bounded to one concept when there is so much you can expand on? 

      Like what? Tha proxies are happy people that dance around in the forrest?

      This is about an eldritch creature that specialises and mind-torturing and killing people.

      Also, two twelve-year old girls ruined the whole thing for everyone and we can't be tolerant to "Being a Proxy is awesome, I never used my free will anyway"- people anymore.

      Not like THAT. What I mean is expand upon the concept of proxies rather than having them be brainless drones.
      Well that IS what they are.

      Call a dog whatever you want and be philosophical all you like, a dog is a dog.

      Go on a lengthy discussion of the life of a bird, but a bird is a bird.

      Talk about your feelings in whatever way you desire to help express them, but feelings are merely impulses by the brain that your brain, by conditioning, has decided to respond with.

      Proxies are drones, they are tools. They exist for one reason: further a goal, then be discarded. To assume they have any further worth than that is to assume too much and pretend are far more than they actually are. 

      We aren't going to start altering the way things are stated just because it isn't "fun". It is what it is, and that's all there is to it.

      And you expect your ways to be the standard way? Not everyone is going to follow your ways, you know.

      I don't plan on running about the internet preaching on a soapbox, so no I don't expect it to be the standard. Whether everyone follows "my" way or not is entirely irrelevant to me. I could honestly care less who wants to and who doesn't want to listen to me, because I'm going to speak about it regardless. I don't talk because I want people's approval and for them to always follow me, I talk because I have things to say and therefore want to write it. My statement on proxies doesn't become any more or less valid because people may or may not follow, it is what it is and as one of the admins on this site who dealt with the entire Waukesha Wisconsin tragedy, the constant media harassment we've dealt with, and the rampant fanboys paying unbelievable disservice to the mythos by assuming it was a game franchise first and a horror mythos second, we will run this the way we have before. Proxies are tools, they have no free will, they are forced to do 'his' bidding and then are discarded, and that is what we will be going with here. The other admins clearly agree (as a matter of fact it was Pyro's idea to place the labels and videos about the wiki and I certainly wasn't against it), and we've gotten both our fair share of admonishment and admiration for our policy.

      To sum this up: it is what it is, and if people don't want to listen to what I have to say, I think I'll survive another day.

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      71.169.23.25 wrote:

      Fobarimperius wrote:


      71.169.23.25 wrote:

      Implord wrote:


      71.169.21.174 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   
      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.
      Or, to be specific, they would regret it, if they were left with the brain cpacity or free will needed to reflect on their poor life choices.
      Here's a question. Why be bounded to one concept when there is so much you can expand on? 

      Like what? Tha proxies are happy people that dance around in the forrest?

      This is about an eldritch creature that specialises and mind-torturing and killing people.

      Also, two twelve-year old girls ruined the whole thing for everyone and we can't be tolerant to "Being a Proxy is awesome, I never used my free will anyway"- people anymore.

      Not like THAT. What I mean is expand upon the concept of proxies rather than having them be brainless drones.
      Well that IS what they are.

      Call a dog whatever you want and be philosophical all you like, a dog is a dog.

      Go on a lengthy discussion of the life of a bird, but a bird is a bird.

      Talk about your feelings in whatever way you desire to help express them, but feelings are merely impulses by the brain that your brain, by conditioning, has decided to respond with.

      Proxies are drones, they are tools. They exist for one reason: further a goal, then be discarded. To assume they have any further worth than that is to assume too much and pretend are far more than they actually are. 

      We aren't going to start altering the way things are stated just because it isn't "fun". It is what it is, and that's all there is to it.

      And you expect your ways to be the standard way? Not everyone is going to follow your ways, you know.
      I don't plan on running about the internet preaching on a soapbox, so no I don't expect it to be the standard. Whether everyone follows "my" way or not is entirely irrelevant to me. I could honestly care less who wants to and who doesn't want to listen to me, because I'm going to speak about it regardless. I don't talk because I want people's approval and for them to always follow me, I talk because I have things to say and therefore want to write it. My statement on proxies doesn't become any more or less valid because people may or may not follow, it is what it is and as one of the admins on this site who dealt with the entire Waukesha Wisconsin tragedy, the constant media harassment we've dealt with, and the rampant fanboys paying unbelievable disservice to the mythos by assuming it was a game franchise first and a horror mythos second, we will run this the way we have before. Proxies are tools, they have no free will, they are forced to do 'his' bidding and then are discarded, and that is what we will be going with here. The other admins clearly agree (as a matter of fact it was Pyro's idea to place the labels and videos about the wiki and I certainly wasn't against it), and we've gotten both our fair share of admonishment and admiration for our policy.

      To sum this up: it is what it is, and if people don't want to listen to what I have to say, I think I'll survive another day.

      Why bother to explain yourself then?

        Loading editor
    • 79.248.140.205 wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      71.169.23.25 wrote:

      Fobarimperius wrote:


      71.169.23.25 wrote:

      Implord wrote:



      71.169.21.174 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      65.125.15.223 wrote:

      PyroGothNerd wrote:

      Proxies: Proxies are not "cared for" by Slenderman, and they are not willing. They are slaves who are killed if they even think of disobeying Slenderman. Stop wanting to be one, people. There's nothing good about it.

      Isn't that an understatement? Aren't there some cases where proxies choose to serve the Slenderman willingly?   
      There is not. There may be idiots who give themselves to him willingly, but they regret it because they become nothing but tools after that who are never allowed to make their own decisions.
      Or, to be specific, they would regret it, if they were left with the brain cpacity or free will needed to reflect on their poor life choices.
      Here's a question. Why be bounded to one concept when there is so much you can expand on? 

      Like what? Tha proxies are happy people that dance around in the forrest?

      This is about an eldritch creature that specialises and mind-torturing and killing people.

      Also, two twelve-year old girls ruined the whole thing for everyone and we can't be tolerant to "Being a Proxy is awesome, I never used my free will anyway"- people anymore.

      Not like THAT. What I mean is expand upon the concept of proxies rather than having them be brainless drones.
      Well that IS what they are.

      Call a dog whatever you want and be philosophical all you like, a dog is a dog.

      Go on a lengthy discussion of the life of a bird, but a bird is a bird.

      Talk about your feelings in whatever way you desire to help express them, but feelings are merely impulses by the brain that your brain, by conditioning, has decided to respond with.

      Proxies are drones, they are tools. They exist for one reason: further a goal, then be discarded. To assume they have any further worth than that is to assume too much and pretend are far more than they actually are. 

      We aren't going to start altering the way things are stated just because it isn't "fun". It is what it is, and that's all there is to it.

      And you expect your ways to be the standard way? Not everyone is going to follow your ways, you know.
      I don't plan on running about the internet preaching on a soapbox, so no I don't expect it to be the standard. Whether everyone follows "my" way or not is entirely irrelevant to me. I could honestly care less who wants to and who doesn't want to listen to me, because I'm going to speak about it regardless. I don't talk because I want people's approval and for them to always follow me, I talk because I have things to say and therefore want to write it. My statement on proxies doesn't become any more or less valid because people may or may not follow, it is what it is and as one of the admins on this site who dealt with the entire Waukesha Wisconsin tragedy, the constant media harassment we've dealt with, and the rampant fanboys paying unbelievable disservice to the mythos by assuming it was a game franchise first and a horror mythos second, we will run this the way we have before. Proxies are tools, they have no free will, they are forced to do 'his' bidding and then are discarded, and that is what we will be going with here. The other admins clearly agree (as a matter of fact it was Pyro's idea to place the labels and videos about the wiki and I certainly wasn't against it), and we've gotten both our fair share of admonishment and admiration for our policy.

      To sum this up: it is what it is, and if people don't want to listen to what I have to say, I think I'll survive another day.

      Why bother to explain yourself then?

      Because I felt like doing so.

        Loading editor
    • The concept of the Proxies was invented to describe mindless tools to Old Slendy.

      To suddenly say "Hey, what if..." is like suddenly wondering wether a pencil case shouldn't technically serve primarily to kill otters.

      If you want to expand your own practise of the mythos by including willing minions that keep a part of their free will, fine, but they wouldn't be "Proxies". Not really.

        Loading editor
    • Honnestly I've become sick of the concept of Proxies. Partly because I am very partial to the original mythos, partly because of those two little fuckers, and partly becuase....me 4 years ago (*cringe*). 

      But also because it doesn't really make sense to me of Slendy needing minions. Or going after older people (though that is something that is a thing for the sake of vlogs. Hard to have little kids as the protagonists). 

        Loading editor
    • TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Honnestly I've become sick of the concept of Proxies. Partly because I am very partial to the original mythos, partly because of those two little fuckers, and partly becuase....me 4 years ago (*cringe*). 

      But also because it doesn't really make sense to me of Slendy needing minions. Or going after older people (though that is something that is a thing for the sake of vlogs. Hard to have little kids as the protagonists). 

      I'd like to elaborate. I can understand situations where the slender man would feel the need to force a human to act on it's behalf in order to achieve something that it cannot easily do at the moment, such as distracting adults so that they do not interfear with the slender man getting his prey. This also is fitting to the meaning of the word "proxy", which is someone acting on the behalf of someone else. 

      What I don't like is how the idea has evolved into an army of lunatics who serve the slender man like steryotipical supervillain henchmen.

        Loading editor
    • TheScareCr0we wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Honnestly I've become sick of the concept of Proxies. Partly because I am very partial to the original mythos, partly because of those two little fuckers, and partly becuase....me 4 years ago (*cringe*). 

      But also because it doesn't really make sense to me of Slendy needing minions. Or going after older people (though that is something that is a thing for the sake of vlogs. Hard to have little kids as the protagonists). 

      I'd like to elaborate. I can understand situations where the slender man would feel the need to force a human to act on it's behalf in order to achieve something that it cannot easily do at the moment, such as distracting adults so that they do not interfear with the slender man getting his prey. This also is fitting to the meaning of the word "proxy", which is someone acting on the behalf of someone else. 

      What I don't like is how the idea has evolved into an army of lunatics who serve the slender man like steryotipical supervillain henchmen.

      I enjoy the concept in the idea that an individual is forced to aid him in such a way that, similar to how MarbleHornets Masky and Hoodie are, individual lives are destroyed by constantly interrupting and interfering with their regular lives. The good ones I feel keep this concept in mind, while the bad ones are like henchmen.

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Honnestly I've become sick of the concept of Proxies. Partly because I am very partial to the original mythos, partly because of those two little fuckers, and partly becuase....me 4 years ago (*cringe*). 

      But also because it doesn't really make sense to me of Slendy needing minions. Or going after older people (though that is something that is a thing for the sake of vlogs. Hard to have little kids as the protagonists). 

      I'd like to elaborate. I can understand situations where the slender man would feel the need to force a human to act on it's behalf in order to achieve something that it cannot easily do at the moment, such as distracting adults so that they do not interfear with the slender man getting his prey. This also is fitting to the meaning of the word "proxy", which is someone acting on the behalf of someone else. 

      What I don't like is how the idea has evolved into an army of lunatics who serve the slender man like steryotipical supervillain henchmen.

      I enjoy the concept in the idea that an individual is forced to aid him in such a way that, similar to how MarbleHornets Masky and Hoodie are, individual lives are destroyed by constantly interrupting and interfering with their regular lives. The good ones I feel keep this concept in mind, while the bad ones are like henchmen.

      Yeah, that'd be good to. Though honnestly the only series I think that's made the concept of Proxies work, imo, would be Tribe Twelve. TT has done it in such a way that made me buy into Slender Man actually needing to possess and control humans to achieve a goal.

        Loading editor
    • TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Honnestly I've become sick of the concept of Proxies. Partly because I am very partial to the original mythos, partly because of those two little fuckers, and partly becuase....me 4 years ago (*cringe*). 

      But also because it doesn't really make sense to me of Slendy needing minions. Or going after older people (though that is something that is a thing for the sake of vlogs. Hard to have little kids as the protagonists). 

      I'd like to elaborate. I can understand situations where the slender man would feel the need to force a human to act on it's behalf in order to achieve something that it cannot easily do at the moment, such as distracting adults so that they do not interfear with the slender man getting his prey. This also is fitting to the meaning of the word "proxy", which is someone acting on the behalf of someone else. 

      What I don't like is how the idea has evolved into an army of lunatics who serve the slender man like steryotipical supervillain henchmen.

      I enjoy the concept in the idea that an individual is forced to aid him in such a way that, similar to how MarbleHornets Masky and Hoodie are, individual lives are destroyed by constantly interrupting and interfering with their regular lives. The good ones I feel keep this concept in mind, while the bad ones are like henchmen.
      Yeah, that'd be good to. Though honnestly the only series I think that's made the concept of Proxies work, imo, would be Tribe Twelve. TT has done it in such a way that made me buy into Slender Man actually needing to possess and control humans to achieve a goal.

      I never personally saw it as a "need", more like "I can so I will".

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Honnestly I've become sick of the concept of Proxies. Partly because I am very partial to the original mythos, partly because of those two little fuckers, and partly becuase....me 4 years ago (*cringe*). 

      But also because it doesn't really make sense to me of Slendy needing minions. Or going after older people (though that is something that is a thing for the sake of vlogs. Hard to have little kids as the protagonists). 

      I'd like to elaborate. I can understand situations where the slender man would feel the need to force a human to act on it's behalf in order to achieve something that it cannot easily do at the moment, such as distracting adults so that they do not interfear with the slender man getting his prey. This also is fitting to the meaning of the word "proxy", which is someone acting on the behalf of someone else. 

      What I don't like is how the idea has evolved into an army of lunatics who serve the slender man like steryotipical supervillain henchmen.

      I enjoy the concept in the idea that an individual is forced to aid him in such a way that, similar to how MarbleHornets Masky and Hoodie are, individual lives are destroyed by constantly interrupting and interfering with their regular lives. The good ones I feel keep this concept in mind, while the bad ones are like henchmen.
      Yeah, that'd be good to. Though honnestly the only series I think that's made the concept of Proxies work, imo, would be Tribe Twelve. TT has done it in such a way that made me buy into Slender Man actually needing to possess and control humans to achieve a goal.
      I never personally saw it as a "need", more like "I can so I will".

      Makes sense. I always percieved it as "enjoying" (assuming it can enjoy things in the same vein as humans can) doing it's own dirty work, so thats mainly where my distaste stems from. Though actually my main reason for not liking them is how much they've been glamorized.

        Loading editor
    • TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Honnestly I've become sick of the concept of Proxies. Partly because I am very partial to the original mythos, partly because of those two little fuckers, and partly becuase....me 4 years ago (*cringe*). 

      But also because it doesn't really make sense to me of Slendy needing minions. Or going after older people (though that is something that is a thing for the sake of vlogs. Hard to have little kids as the protagonists). 

      I'd like to elaborate. I can understand situations where the slender man would feel the need to force a human to act on it's behalf in order to achieve something that it cannot easily do at the moment, such as distracting adults so that they do not interfear with the slender man getting his prey. This also is fitting to the meaning of the word "proxy", which is someone acting on the behalf of someone else. 

      What I don't like is how the idea has evolved into an army of lunatics who serve the slender man like steryotipical supervillain henchmen.

      I enjoy the concept in the idea that an individual is forced to aid him in such a way that, similar to how MarbleHornets Masky and Hoodie are, individual lives are destroyed by constantly interrupting and interfering with their regular lives. The good ones I feel keep this concept in mind, while the bad ones are like henchmen.
      Yeah, that'd be good to. Though honnestly the only series I think that's made the concept of Proxies work, imo, would be Tribe Twelve. TT has done it in such a way that made me buy into Slender Man actually needing to possess and control humans to achieve a goal.
      I never personally saw it as a "need", more like "I can so I will".
      Makes sense. I always percieved it as "enjoying" (assuming it can enjoy things in the same vein as humans can) doing it's own dirty work, so thats mainly where my distaste stems from. Though actually my main reason for not liking them is how much they've been glamorized.

      Understandeable.

      For me, proxification has always been a tool used less to tie up loose ends and more to just f*** with victims. It's a necessary method to break certain targets, some of which may be far more difficult to break than others, or happen to have some small uses outside of just being a target. I notice most proxies themselves are usually victims of Slender Man, not servants, so it's more like he can make you do things you don't want, then kill you due to lack of use, lack of entertainment, or no reason at all. With Slendy's behavior, it's entirely possible he doesn't do it on purpose. Maybe people just become proxies and gain some of Slender Man's psyche, something that is so alien and unbearable, you have no choice but to act the way he'd want you to in human terms. Sort of a Cthulu ideal: alien knowledge is a dangerous thing.

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Fobarimperius wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Honnestly I've become sick of the concept of Proxies. Partly because I am very partial to the original mythos, partly because of those two little fuckers, and partly becuase....me 4 years ago (*cringe*). 

      But also because it doesn't really make sense to me of Slendy needing minions. Or going after older people (though that is something that is a thing for the sake of vlogs. Hard to have little kids as the protagonists). 

      I'd like to elaborate. I can understand situations where the slender man would feel the need to force a human to act on it's behalf in order to achieve something that it cannot easily do at the moment, such as distracting adults so that they do not interfear with the slender man getting his prey. This also is fitting to the meaning of the word "proxy", which is someone acting on the behalf of someone else. 

      What I don't like is how the idea has evolved into an army of lunatics who serve the slender man like steryotipical supervillain henchmen.

      I enjoy the concept in the idea that an individual is forced to aid him in such a way that, similar to how MarbleHornets Masky and Hoodie are, individual lives are destroyed by constantly interrupting and interfering with their regular lives. The good ones I feel keep this concept in mind, while the bad ones are like henchmen.
      Yeah, that'd be good to. Though honnestly the only series I think that's made the concept of Proxies work, imo, would be Tribe Twelve. TT has done it in such a way that made me buy into Slender Man actually needing to possess and control humans to achieve a goal.
      I never personally saw it as a "need", more like "I can so I will".
      Makes sense. I always percieved it as "enjoying" (assuming it can enjoy things in the same vein as humans can) doing it's own dirty work, so thats mainly where my distaste stems from. Though actually my main reason for not liking them is how much they've been glamorized.
      Understandeable.

      For me, proxification has always been a tool used less to tie up loose ends and more to just f*** with victims. It's a necessary method to break certain targets, some of which may be far more difficult to break than others, or happen to have some small uses outside of just being a target. I notice most proxies themselves are usually victims of Slender Man, not servants, so it's more like he can make you do things you don't want, then kill you due to lack of use, lack of entertainment, or no reason at all. With Slendy's behavior, it's entirely possible he doesn't do it on purpose. Maybe people just become proxies and gain some of Slender Man's psyche, something that is so alien and unbearable, you have no choice but to act the way he'd want you to in human terms. Sort of a Cthulu ideal: alien knowledge is a dangerous thing.

      Now that's an interesting idea.

        Loading editor
    • The reason I always somewhat approved of the idea that Slendy has minions or slaves or whatever is, that it gives the protagonists some enemy he can fight.

      I mean, Slendy is pretty much invincible, for all intends and purposes, at least if you have the ressources of a stereotypical gang of college students with an unhealthy obsession of filming their everyday life. A human  enemy, like a proxy, is some threat you can eventually defeat, something you can kill. Even a story that isn't supposed to have a happy ending, needs a little victory, once in a while. A feeling of progress.

      Also, I really like the idea of going mad due to forbidden knowledge.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      The reason I always somewhat approved of the idea that Slendy has minions or slaves or whatever is, that it gives the protagonists some enemy he can fight.

      I mean, Slendy is pretty much invincible, for all intends and purposes, at least if you have the ressources of a stereotypical gang of college students with an unhealthy obsession of filming their everyday life. A human  enemy, like a proxy, is some threat you can eventually defeat, something you can kill. Even a story that isn't supposed to have a happy ending, needs a little victory, once in a while. A feeling of progress.

      Also, I really like the idea of going mad due to forbidden knowledge.

      Yeah I see your point, but I feel Dark Harvest handled that rather nicely by using a cult.

        Loading editor
    • Cults are okay, too.

      However, I never get how the cults know what Slendy wants to happen. I mean, a cult cannot be under his actual command, because he'd kill them all, right?

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Cults are okay, too.

      However, I never get how the cults know what Slendy wants to happen. I mean, a cult cannot be under his actual command, because he'd kill them all, right?

      They don't know, they are kinda just making shit up. And he did kill quite a few, specifically in the TT/DH crossover episode.

      Like, before that episode the Prder ahd never actually met slenderman in "person".

        Loading editor
    • It's kinda amusing, actually.

        Loading editor
    • Slender Man threw a cultist at their windshield. Best scene ever.

        Loading editor
    • Not in the cultists opinion, but no one cares for that.

        Loading editor
    • Fobarimperius
      Fobarimperius removed this reply because:
      n
      08:45, April 26, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • I have a misconception to share: This is a HORROR fandom. That’s why it’s named creepypasta. And yet some fangirls are like “oh no! He’s killing people! This fandom is too dark.” I just had to point that out cuz I saw some of that happening on Devianart. Honestly, if they don’t like horror then why are they here. And sure, experiment and be creative, but remember that it’s horror.

        Loading editor
    • HopesandDreams299 wrote:
      I have a misconception to share:

      This is a HORROR fandom. That’s why it’s named creepypasta. And yet some fangirls are like “oh no! He’s killing people! This fandom is too dark.” I just had to point that out cuz I saw some of that happening on Devianart. Honestly, if they don’t like horror then why are they here. And sure, experiment and be creative, but remember that it’s horror.

      The massive problem with the fan community surrounding Creepypasta's is that they treat Slendy and associated characters less as horror characters and more like a series of action/drama characters. A lot of these people either fundamentally don't understand horror, or fail to realize how horror works when writing it, so it comes off as pretentious gory action scenes, or a comedy/drama where characters exchange one-liners or argue.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly. I got into this fandom cuz I like horror though (not saying I condone violence IRL) and then I find out a bunch of fangirls think Slendy will ‘take them to a mansion’. It’s sort of stupid and ironic... What do they even see in him? He has to be at least 100 years old as far as we know. So talk about the age difference...

        Loading editor
    • There is lots of... errr... hanky-panky literature about him on Amazon, last time I checked, too. Apparently, Slendy is ridiculously hot to some. And I suppose they see more than a pretty face, because, y'know...

        Loading editor
    • How can he be a ‘pretty face’? He... well last time I checked... doesn’t have a face. It’s weird. He’s so old too.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      There is lots of... errr... hanky-panky literature about him on Amazon, last time I checked, too. Apparently, Slendy is ridiculously hot to some. And I suppose they see more than a pretty face, because, y'know...

      ...There's Slenderman porn actually being sold?!?

        Loading editor
    • HopesandDreams299 wrote:
      How can he be a ‘pretty face’? He... well last time I checked... doesn’t have a face. It’s weird. He’s so old too.

      I mean, we don't know if he ages...or what he is for tha matter. Hey guy, remember the "Does Slenderman have a belly button?" debate?

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:

      ...There's Slenderman porn actually being sold?!?

      what

        Loading editor
    • I mean, I'd expect that on the web, but actually being published and sold...???

        Loading editor
    • wtf? Why the heck would that even be considered?

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      HopesandDreams299 wrote:
      How can he be a ‘pretty face’? He... well last time I checked... doesn’t have a face. It’s weird. He’s so old too.
      I mean, we don't know if he ages...or what he is for tha matter. Hey guy, remember the "Does Slenderman have a belly button?" debate?

      Who said i'm a guy? I'm female, dude.

        Loading editor
    • And i only recently joined Fandom

        Loading editor
    • I think Pyro meant "guys"..?

        Loading editor
    • ok well still.... 

        Loading editor
    • For the record, I haven't read any of these and they were not what I expected to find when I looked for books about Slenderman on Amazon.

        Loading editor
    • The wrong kind of scary, if you ask me.

        Loading editor
    • Sooooo, it's a rape fantasy novel?

        Loading editor
    • It would seem so. Please tell me we don't have to make an official statement about this shit at some point, too.

        Loading editor
    • Isn't that stuff already banned on this wiki?

      Also, you can't highlight forum threads, anymore, so we'd have to find a different way to make announcements.

        Loading editor
    • I think that's why I was once banned for half a year, yes.

        Loading editor
    • Wow. I can't believe that someone would actually do that. Just why?

        Loading editor
    • Because it was against the rules and I did it anyway.

      Oh, you mean the Slendersmut.

      Well... Because as you have pointed out: If it exists...

      Also, what do you think, happens to the brain of a hanky panky-writer that is confronted with stories about a sharp-dressed man with tentacles and mind-controll?

        Loading editor
    • Ok true. But still, I mean come on!

        Loading editor
    • Don't yell at me, I am still trying to compute this bullsh*t myself.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not yelling at you, i'm yelling at the person who made this crap.

        Loading editor
    • There are just soooo many thing swrong with that and I haven't even read the first sentence yet. Tho, im sure that IF i did, i would immediately call (more like yell) "BULLSH#T", slam that book shut, and burn the f*ck out of it.

        Loading editor
    • Could be worse. Could be Paul Shapera's "A Slender Man Musical"

        Loading editor
    • TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Could be worse. Could be Paul Shapera's "A Slender Man Musical"

      Nice to see you. I forget the old crew is somewhat still around.

        Loading editor
    • TheScareCr0we wrote:
      Could be worse. Could be Paul Shapera's "A Slender Man Musical"

      YO, YOU'RE BACK

        Loading editor
    • Shall I introduce myself? I think I've never met ScareCr0we. Is she one of the oldest ones in here?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I've never met her either, but thats because i just joined. You can just call me hopes, ScareCr0we. Nice to meet you!

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, Scarecrowe has been around a long while

        Loading editor
    • I never left. I read all the posts on all these threads, I just rarely reply XD

        Loading editor
    • Ah. Makes sense, I guess.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.