Unknown (Possibly immortal)
Make everyone happy
The Slender Family's older brother
The Splendor Man (aka Splendy) is a "HappyPasta", which is a parody of the "CreepyPasta" genre. He originated as a parody of Slender Man, but now fans like to portray him as The Slender Man's older, nicer, brother. He has since gained a massive amount of popularity in the Slender Man fanbase.
The Splendor Man first appeared in a Marble Hornets parody from the YouTube channel "Neil Cicierega", where he was spotted by two very nice girls named Becky and Tiffany. He then proceeded to give them flowers and dance for them to make them happy. Towards the end of the video, he threw glitter at them.
The Splendor Man is supposedly the Slender Man's older brother and, as opposed to his younger brother, loves everything happy and joyful. His purpose is to cheer up people who do good deeds. He is often portrayed as happy-go-lucky, and very kind, especially to children. He often brings people gifts such as flowers.
His personal relationship with his brother is unknown, as the two are only shown together in fan art, although many fans believe The Slender Man does not approve of his older brother's cheerful nature, and that The Splendor Man either does not understand his younger brother's behavior or disapproves of his murderous behavior.
Unlike The Slender Man, The Splendor Man has a visible face, which consists of black dots for eyes and a black mouth, but he lacks teeth (in most portrayals) and a nose. He also wears a black suit with colorful polka-dots, a bow tie (usually red, sometimes rainbow), and a top hat (of varying sizes) or less commonly a trilby hat, both seen with a red stripe. He is also very tall like The Slender Man. Although his skin is usually portrayed as being the same shade as most Caucasians, he has been portrayed as being just as pale as his brother, and he is often shown to have rosy cheeks.
He is also commonly depicted as holding a golden topped cane in most of his artwork appearances.
WARNING: The following contains speculation
Although he is not shown as often, and thus his full range of abilities is unknown, there is some evidence in his first appearance that he is capable of the following:
- Mood Enhancement - His presence seems to have an effect on humans causing them to almost immediately become happy and cheerful. This effect also seems to prevent humans from becoming startled by his presence, as Tiffany and Becky, although not expecting his appearance and supposedly trying to shoot a short film, immediately became delighted to see him, despite the introduction to the video implying they did not know what happened.
- Technology Disruption - In his first appearance, like his brother, the camera signals were disrupted, with static accompanied by pictures of cheerful things such as kittens popping up.
- Teleportation - He appears out of nowhere partway through the video.
- Glitter - In his first appearance, he at some point throws glitter at the girls, even though he is never seen carrying glitter. It is unknown if he simply had a bottle of glitter or kept glitter in his pockets, or if he somehow is able to create glitter by some unknown means.
Fans also speculate that he has tentacles like his brother, but that his are more decorated, and have bells on the ends.
END OF SPECULATION
Despite being a Happypasta, some mistake or reinterpret The Splendor Man for a Creepypasta character, and thus he has sometimes been portrayed with gore, an elongated tongue, and sharp teeth. However, these alternate interpretations are often disregarded and not considered officially related to the character other than being creepy fan art. Others have decided that he's kind unless angered, at which point he takes on a more frightening appearance, but that this rarely happens. Some interpretations also change his age compared to his brother, making him younger instead of older. There are also interpretations where, rather than being brothers, they are merely opposite forces that are not related by blood.
- There was no evidence showed that he's the older brother of the Slender Man nor the family, but people just confirmed that he is.
- In some other portrayals he has met his older brothers The Debtman, and The Informbrokerman.
- He doesn't have Proxies, he has Buddies (Apparently Buddies is a happypasta version of Proxies, which they are the opposite versions of the Proxies, instead of wanting to do some anti-heroic and brutal villainy things, they go around and prevent those from happening however instead of fighting, they used the power of love and friendship to convinced the Proxies to not do it, in other words, they are mostly Splendor Man's followers and apprentices)
- The job of Buddies was to support The Splendor Man in cheering and entertaining or possibly protect humankind away from the bad influence and actions of the Creepypasta Proxies.
- Some Buddies can be considered to have hostile personalities such as Jeff the Hugger (Which he takes medication in order to not have a violence and aggressive personality) and Jenny the Smiler (She's a Jeff yandere and she would become hostile to those who opposes Jeff or attempted to harm him).
- Some Buddies claims that their relatives of the Proxies, such as Smiling Jack (He claims to be the cousin of Laughing Jack even thought Laughing Jack denies it rapidly and always tries to prove that he and Smiling Jack was never relatives by killing him, although he never succeeded in doing that for unknown reasons), Cutie Jack (He claims himself to be the younger brother of Eyeless Jack, which there was no evidence between their relationships with each other).
- Some have claimed that he's stronger than The Slender Man but some claim the opposite of it, it is unknown whether if he's strong or not.
- However, there was some evidence that proves that The Splendor Man is stronger than The Slender Man, which was been stated in a few wikis that if The Splendor Man becomes hostile, he would reveal his bad nature as becoming more murderous than The Slender Man.
- Some claim that The Slender Man and the Splendor Man's abilities can rival each other.
- Some peoples have claimed that he was the original the Slender Man who has become tired of being a mass murderer and retires as he lies to his siblings that a young member is the original the Slender Man and then fakes his identity as a spin-off character by putting on a mask and decorate his clothes (But that's just rumors, theories, and fanfictions).
- The Splendor Man sometimes lets his brother does his business in killing (whenever Splendor isn't around) since he said that is killing humans and what's allied with humanity is the only thing that makes Slender feels "happy".