|FROM A VIDEOGAME
This article discusses content originating from the video game Slender Rising and thus is confirmed to be fictional.
Characters and organizations discussed are either entirely fictitious or are portrayed by voice actors/actors.
Slender Rising is a Slender game designed solely for iOS devices. It was released on the 22nd of March 2013.
Slender Rising features two game modes. In both modes, the player is attacked by the Slender Man. In one, the player must collect seven signs to escape before the Slender Man captures them and kills them. In the other, the player simply has to collect as many pages as possible.
The game features four maps. These are:
- Desolate Town
- Lost Ward
- Cursed Ruins
- Haunted Forest
The signs are scattered randomly around the maps. They can be found if the player spots a red arrow pointing to where the location of each page is, and once the player hears demonic whispering, it signals that the player is near a page.
There are four visual modes.
- Night Vision
- Watch it with corners, Slender Man has a tendency to ambush players in corners and buildings in this game, try and keep a distance from the corner you are approaching so you can look away easier if he tries ambushing you.
- When you see the Slender Man, if you are not near the page enough, forget the page and run away from the area, the Slender Man tends to stay near the area you saw him and often doesn't follow you for a bit if you run away.
- While there are 7 pages to collect, the location of the pages can actually change during gameplay, this makes the running strategy more helpful during gameplay.
- The closer the Slender Man is to the player, the harder it is to break free from his attack, if you touch him, it is an instant death, so NEVER go in any direction towards his last seen location.
- Don't look backwards too much, especially in the later game, only walk forward and keep your gaze on the path you are going in, if you look backwards, Slender Man will often be close enough to grab you resulting in an unavoidable death.